Position: Part Time Barback
Location: Anchor Public Taps
Type/Pay Rate: Hourly, non-exempt
Reporting to: Anchor Public Taps management team
As a staff member of one of Anchor’s main consumer touchpoints, the Anchor Public Taps Barback is first and foremost an ambassador, and an advocate of the Anchor brand. This position represents the company’s mission, values, and commitment to the highest quality beer and first-class customer service. Public Taps barbacks are essential in ensuring the bar is stocked and cleaned before, during, and after service; providing support behind and in front of the bar (across the Taproom and patio) and being the first face and person our guests interact with.
• Support bartenders and management in maintaining and operating tap system, taps, and can seamer, to ensure the highest quality product and customer service.
• Support bartenders in changing out kegs, washing glassware behind the bar and keeping flight paddles and menus clean.
• Monitor Taproom and Patio: bus glassware, keep tabletops, seats and floors clean or trash and/or spills.
• Keep water containers filled and stock cups.
• Check restrooms on regular basis throughout service and keep stocked of paper products.
• Assist in stocking POS/retail items
• Maintain and monitor a productive host station
• Provide warm and welcoming service as first point of contact for guests
• Answer phones when necessary to provide guests with brewery information
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & ATTITUDE:
• Must be 21 years of age or older
• Minimum 1 year of experience working in high volume hospitality environments.
• Restaurant/Bar/Club experiences a plus, including knowledge and experience of draft systems.
• Must be able to work flexible hours as needed, including nights, holidays and weekends.
• Ability to efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure.
• Cicerone Level 1, Certified Beer server a plus.
• Valid ServSafe, TIPS or LEAD training certification a plus.
• Experience with ALOHA point of sale system and OpenTable preferred.
• Ability to lift 35 pounds without issue and to transport 150 pounds by hand truck
All parties interested in further detail about the position and/or to apply(including referrals), please email Suzanne (email@example.com).