Position: Part Time Shift Supervisor
Location: Anchor Public Taps
Type/Pay Rate: Part time hourly, non-exempt, non-tipped, Local Union 6 represented
Reporting to: Anchor Public Taps management team
JOB DESCRIPTION: As shift supervisor, you'd be responsible for supporting the management team in maintaining an environment that exudes hospitality in the best setting possible where our guests can enjoy Anchor brews. The shift supervisor will provide support in the areas of: staff training, customer services, product knowledge and education, encouraging safe work practices and a demonstrated commitment to the brewery. The position will directly supervise staff and functions as the manager on duty in the absence of the manager.
• Performing all POS duties, front and back of house functions including opening and closing procedures.
• Ensure all cash handling procedures are upheld. Is accountable for tap room functions while running a shift.
• Support management team in maintaining proper coverage and staff schedules ensuring that the tap room maintains customer service standards and staff members adhere to meal and break policy.
• Will always provide guidance and actively set an example for staff members, ensuring that all Standard Operating Procedures are maintained and followed.
• Responds proactively to prevent customer service situations. Investigates and resolves customer incidents, documenting when necessary.
• Promotes and practices safe work habits, reporting potential safety hazards, operational inconsistencies and staff member incidents to the manager.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & ATTITUDE:
• Must be 21 years of age or older
• Minimum 1 year of experience managing in high volume hospitality environments.
• Restaurant/Bar/Club experiences a plus, including knowledge and experience of draft systems.
• Experience as a closing supervisor required. Cash handling and bank reconciliation experience required.
• Must be able to work flexible hours as needed, including nights, holidays and weekends.
• Ability to efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure.
• Cicerone Level 1, Certified Beer server required.
• Valid ServSafe, TIPS or LEAD training certification required.
• Experience with point of sale systems preferred.
• Ability to lift 35 pounds without issue and to transport 150 pounds by hand truck.
All parties interested in further detail about the position and/or to apply(including referrals), please email Suzanne (firstname.lastname@example.org).